There is a style in which they like to decorate country hotels, villas and country houses. This style is especially loved in Europe.
And this is a rustic style.
Today the Italian teachers of our school will tell you about this style in detail.
Rustic style in the interior is ideal for a country house, summer house or cottage.
In terms of the atmosphere, this is something like a return to the past, a desire to convey natural rough beauty.
Color palette in the interior
So, for the rustic style the following colors will look organic:
- shades of brown clay, gray stones, dry grass, woody
- 2-3 shades are used + bright accents
- white and beige colors
- for textiles prints in tartan, floral and plant motifs
Speaking about the rustic style in the interior, it is also important to indicate the main features in the following categories:
- natural materials
- basic materials: untreated wood and unpolished stone
- stained glass
- steel, bronze, forged elements
- pieces of furniture and décor made of leather
- checkered textiles
- kerosene lamps
- chandeliers with candles
- ceiling lights on a long cord
- woven wicker lampshades
- wooden floor (laminate, parquet, roughly finished boards and slats)
- usually darker than the ceiling
- rough wood planks