Fashion stylist is one of the most popular and relevant professions in the fashion world nowadays
Almost all important fashion-editors, art-directors and style icons like Anna Wintour, Emmanuelle Alt,
Anna dello Russo have started their career as fashion-stylists.
If you want to be a part of the serious and professional fashion world where Prada, Gucci and Armani operate, you should take up our fashion stylist courses online and try your hand as a fashion-stylist.
After completing our fashion stylist courses online, you will be able to work in fashion-magazines, participate in fashion weeks, travel to the fashion capitals, make shootings for designer companies and bring to life all your creative ideas.
You will begin to understand many questions, thanks to our fashion stylist courses online – how to create fashion looks for magazines, what is a job of a fashion stylist, how to create amazing covers for Elle, Vogue or Cosmopolitan, which free fashion styling books are recommended and which magazines should be your fashion Bible, as well as how to compose your Fashion stylist kit and so on.
So you’ll be fully guided on your fashion way and who knows where you will start your fashion styling career in the future – London, Paris or Madrid will wait for you. Our policy, no matter if the online fashion styling courses free or not – to provide the best theoretical and practical base for our students to help them in their career.
What do you get from Fashion-stylist course
Is it difficult to become a Fashion Stylist?
- Anybody can become a fashion-stylist. You can be just a beginner in the fashion world or an experienced specialist.
- The important thing is to have true taste, creativity, ideas and love for fashion.
- All the rest you will learn during our fashion stylist courses online from Italian teachers from Milan. All of them are successful fashion-stylists, who work for the most famous fashion magazines like Vogue, L’Officiel etc.
How the course “Fashion-stylist” is organized?
- You get video lessons from Milan which help you to understand and study a fashion styling process
- You perform practical tasks, including fashion shooting, model casting, creating mood boards and still lifes for fashion magazines
- You get feedbacks and evaluation from the Italian teachers on your fashion shootings.
You need only your time, a PC/mobile with an access to Internet for the studies.
To see how IELFS works, we suggest you to try our free fashion courses online.
Will I receive a certificate upon completing the course?
After completing the education, submitting all homework, you will have the fashion stylist certification in English and Italian languages.
Do I need to go to Milan for studies?
The education is online – it’s fashion styling courses held in Europe, but you don’t need to go anywhere, spend your time and money. At the same time, thanks to our IELFS system, you can get a practical education as a fashion-stylist according to the latest technologies directly from Milan online. You don’t need to look through fashion stylist institute reviews or something else – our teachers are well-known in the fashion world and recognized as the best specialists in this field.
Styling for fashion magazines
- Fashion styling for magazines;
- Organization of a fashion-shoot for a fashion magazine;
- Types of fashion-shoots;
- Shooting process for fashion magazine;
- Models casting: how to organize it;
- How to pick the shooting theme for a fashion magazine;
- How to select clothes for shootings for a magazine;
- Selection of shooting location for a magazine;
- History of shootings for magazines;
- Cover style of a glossy magazine;
- Creation of a still life page for a fashion magazine;
- Practice: analysis of photo-shoots from magazines.
Fashion stylist kit
- Inspiration board, mood board, style board;
- Implementation of a mood board;
- Mood board and creation of a designer collection;
- Trend board, color board: what is it and how to use it
Commercial styling: look books, commercial catalogues, fashion advertisement
- Work of a fashion stylist in a designer company;
- Types of commercial shootings;
- Organization of commercial shootings;
- Brand ambassador and video fashion advertising;
- Practice: styling analysis of designers’ commercial catalogues;
- Practice: analysis of designers’ advertising campaigns;
Fashion shooting: practice
- Who does the stylist work with?
- Different fashion shootings: what a stylist should do
- Models casting: how to organize it
- Model posing: what is important to know
- Make-up for shootings: how to collaborate with MUA
- Working with a photographer: stylist and photographer reports
- How to create a shooting inspired by fashion icons and history of fashion
Career of a fashion stylist
If you are also interested in online image consultant courses or wardrobe stylist courses we recommend you to look at these ones.
Fashion Stylist, Fashion Editor, Fashion Journalist, Personal Stylist, Image Consultant
- You choose when to begin your studies. After paying for the course, you will receive a password to access the e-learning portal. After that you are free to choose the time to study when you can and where you want.
- On average, education on this course takes up about 3 to 6 months; however, you may complete the course faster or slower, in accordance with your own schedule.
All our lessons and practical tests of fashion stylist courses online are in English.
WHAT YOU NEED TO STUDY
You can watch video lessons and complete home tasks on your computer, phone or tablet at any time and in any place. All you need to study is the internet access and a computer/smartphone/tablet.
PROCESS OF STUDY
- You submit an application for education (please click the button “Start your course”)
- You receive information on the available methods of payment for the course (you can pay by pay pal, wire transfer, with debit or credit card online, or by another method as for your convenience)
- After making a payment, you will receive a password to access e-learning portal where you can find video lectures, tests and practical projects to begin your studies in the Italian E-Learning Fashion School
- You watch video lessons, complete practical projects and assignments. Any video lesson can be put on pause at any time, and you can review the parts you didn’t understand at first, which is impossible at the on-site course.
You can divide the course into segments as per your convenience (your lesson may continue for 10 minutes per day or for 3 hours per day). Studying fashion, image and style will be a pleasure rather than a heavy burden
- At the end of your style course you should complete the final project – creating a real fashion shooting, which will be evaluated by the Italian teachers
- After completing the course, you can be enrolled for a practical internship with Italian teachers from Milan.
GOING FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE
– We are against boring books, theory and abstract reasoning about fashion and style. Studying image and style will be easy and interesting for you.
– You won’t need to read a lot of books needed by theorists. Lessons accumulate only the most necessary knowledge and skills.
– Theory will be mixed with practice. You will pass the tests, do practical home assignments and fashion projects.
After finishing of the course, completing practical projects and assignments the student receives a certificate on studies completed, specifying the topics covered. Certificate is provided in English and Italian languages.
To see the certificate form, please e-mail us at info@iELFs.com
At first I’ve tried my hand at different professions like interior designer and landscape artist to understand, what I really want to do. After long search, finally I’ve decided – “I want to make people beautiful” – I’ve thought. After completion of the courses and other training programs in image making and stylistics, I’ve started to work and develop in this direction. Soon after I realised that it wasn’t enough, that I’m interested in the world of fashion in a more global meaning of this word. That’s why I’ve decided to study to be a Fashion stylist.
Why did you decide to study?
– The program of the course at the Italian E-learning Fashion School was the most interesting for me.
During the studies, a lot of things that had been hidden from my eyes in the world of fashion and styling became obvious and very interesting.
– Actually, the professions of fashion-stylist and stylist-image maker are absolutely different. I love creativity, and also new ideas and unusual approach that sometimes it’s difficult to use being a stylist-image maker, because you work with the personality who isn’t always ready to important changes, or your views can be different. You can feel a real stretch of imagination only working as Fashion stylist 🙂 I think that’s the difference.
Now, when I feel more self confident and I clearly understand the difference and quality of work of Fashion stylist, I see new horizons and I have original ideas.
Thank you very much!
Olga Adams – Germany, Fashion stylist, journalist.
It is no coincidence that I have decided to study this course; I have felt that I needed it. I have taken part in media projects, I work as a stylist, and I have always been interested in fashion magazine photography, I have always liked to tell stories. In general, the course about styling for shooting, commercial styling and the tasks are for active and courageous people. This occupation requires creativity, a certain art freedom, but, at the same time, responsibility – from the matching of clothes and creating a meaningful image to the coordination of the work of a big crew.
In a styling for editorial shooting there is a strong creative component, you need to bring to life your ideas; some things are intuitively clear, but, as well as in any business, the structure is required here. That is exactly what you will find in this course.
I liked the course, first of all, because of the quantity of information that you get remotely, like this you save your time that you could spend for a trip to other country or for other things that the studying of this craft requires.
There is a lot of practical information: the principles of work of all the shooting crew, creation of mood-boards and style-boards, popular themes of shooting, the principles of selection of clothes for a certain shooting, recommendations on creation of a portfolio, the rules of shooting of commercial catalogues and look books – I have found all this in the course. And, for sure, I have studied all this in practice.
Almost every day all of us see professionally made advertizing, catalogues, photos that present us fashion in a way that we feel surprised, we have emotions, we find inspiration in images we like. What work stands behind these photos – this is the topic of the course program. And, believe me, this knowledge helps very much in practice when you act not at random because you just like it, but because you know how it works. There are a lot of practical tasks that you do with pleasure.
P.S. There is one more positive moment – after the completion of this course, you realise that dreams, after all, come true, it is only worth trying. I advise this course to the creative minds.